|Inductees Nominations Sponsors/Donations News/Info About
|Nominations for the Ohio Military Hall of Fame are accepted year round. The requirements are simple:
The class of 2013 is full. We are now currently taking applications
for the class of 2014 and beyond. Applicants are processed on
a first come first served basis using the date we receive ALL
- The nominee must have either been born in the State of Ohio or conscripted into service from the State of Ohio.
- The nominee must have been awarded a U.S. military medal for valor. These medals include:
- Medal of Honor
- Distinguished Service Cross
- Navy Cross
- Air Force Cross
- Silver Star
- Distinguished Flying Cross for Heroism
- Bronze Star Medal with "V" Device
- Air Medal with "V" Device
- Commendation Medal with "V" Device
- Medals must have been awarded for a specific act of heroism. Awards for an extended period of time may not qualify if they appear to be for meritorious service.
- Bronze Star Medals awarded during World War II because the soldier was awarded the Combat Infantryman's Badge do not qualify, since they were not awarded for valor or heroism.
If you or someone you know meets these criteria, please nominate
them for induction by submitting an OMHOF application.
Acceptance of inductee subject to background check to identify
individuals with felony convictions.